Sunday, May 29, 2011

5 Hours To Go!

Today was my last full day in the US. I got a few last minute items for my trip, did laundry, worked out with Zack, and packed up my backpack. The picture below shows everything I'm bringing with me (although I had to take out a few things to make it all fit)

 
Here's exactly what I'm bringing:
-3 shirts
-2 pairs of shorts (one can also be used as board shorts)
-2 pairs of pants
-5 pairs of underwear
-5 pairs of socks
-1 pair of hiking shoes
-1 pair of sandals
-Basic toiletries
-A lot of medicine
-My Lonely Planet travel book
-1 small pot for boiling water
-Detergent for washing clothes
-1 regular size backpack to use as a day bag
-Misc items (sunscreen, insect repellent, etc)

And yes, it all fits into my backpack and weighs about 35 pounds (see below). I've even got a little bit of space left in case I acquire anything along the way!



Anyway, I'm going to try to sleep for a least a couple hours before going to the airport but I'll more likely save sleep for the airplane. I'll update again once I'm in Guatemala!

2 comments:

  1. Dave, I'm confused how you got the big screen TV in your backpack. Also, since it's moving into winter in the southern hemisphere, you better include an umbrella and galoshes. And don't forget a necktie! I suppose a bollo would suffice since your space is limited. Have a fabulous trip. And remember to look both ways when you cross the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1)The big screen TV folds up to pocket size
    2)Umbrella wouldn´t fit and I couldn´t find any of my dad´s old galoshes so I´ll have to suffer in wetness my entire trip
    3)Grandad forgot to send me a bollo, but maybe Rob could send me his!

    And I promise to look both ways when I cross the street!

    ReplyDelete